12 February 2009

Waterfront Winter Ops- Racing Navigation


What an excellent seminar today! Great job Chris!!

I would like to thank everyone for coming to this evening’s seminar on Racing Sailboat Navigation. M/N Branning did an outstanding job explaining the role of the Navigator aboard sailboats, while comparing it to that on board ships. I hope everyone learned something this evening. I know as a lifetime sailor myself, I have never experienced the technology and equipment that is involved with these performance maxi-yachts that was shown this evening; I will definitely be taking a lot back to the boat this summer when I get back on the water.

We had a great turnout this evening, and I would like to thank everyone for showing their interest and participation in our Winter Waterfront Ops. This week was the last official week of the winter training. I would love to hear everyone’s input on the program as we will try to reinstate a similar training next year. I hope these classes helped everyone stay tuned up during the winter months. The boats will be launched over Spring Break, which is right around the corner! We are considering spring on-the-water training once the boats are all in. If you could send me some ideas of what you would like to see, I would much appreciate it.

Thank you again for your interest and support of our Academy’s most valuable asset: the Waterfront! --Kyle Stearns, RWO

No comments: